4.03.2009

To Mention A Muse..

I don't quite know her yet, but I love her already.

Sixteen-year-old beauty from Queensland Australia, Nirrimi Joy Hakanson. Part time photographer, full time artist.. this young and talented visionary is "aching to take the world by hurricane, thunder and rainstorm."

...Now that's what I like to hear.

I found her through a close friend and someone you'll see more of in the near future.. my confidant, Jen J. aka "Boom"
www.5oh7.com( .. she's worked as a web producer for everyone from The Miami Herald, CNN, and now The New York New Times.. and always gets the good stuff first. So I trust her eye and her sources.)

Back to Nirrimi.. the tiny teenager aspires to shoot for Vogue "before she reaches adulthood," not a bad vision to have at sixteen.. and honestly, she's not too far off. She's already achieved a unique style and has an amazing eye for both dramatic and soft natural beauty. Which is step 1 to anything. Find what you want others to see... and show it. She's self-taught and has been peaking through the lens since she was 13 years old.

Bless her little soul, and big bright eyes.



A few of my favorites from her Portfolio: